Just-In-Time Debugging error "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor"

While installing the Velaro Agent Desktop you may come across the Just-In-Time Debugging pop-up referring to a "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor" if using Windows XP.

This software is known to throw out exceptions and errors for programs that run normally, and can be a hassle to deal with overall. To overcome this you'll need to disable part of the debugger, which can be done easily following following these steps:

1. Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows
2. Then go to Internet Options>Advanced.
3. You should have the option to put a checkmark in "Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable Script Debugging (Others)". Check these options
4. Click Apply/OK

Troubleshooting

1. Login returned unknown error code (128)
  2. How can I delete the Velaro App Data folder on my computer?
  3. Why does my Agent Desktop settings look zoomed in, and why do some appear to be missing?
  4. How to setup invites hidden under flash?
  5. What is this windows installer service could not be accessed error message?
  6. Why am I getting "invalid certificate" error when adding visitor monitoring script to my web page?
  7. Why do I not get the alerts all the time I am logged in?
  8. My Velaro Agent Desktop application crashes every time I start it on my machine, what is wrong?
  9. My sounds have stopped working with the application, how do I fix that?
  10. Why can I not see website visitors?
  11. Why are my agent desktop application configuration changes not saving?
  12. Why am I getting agent desktop installation error 1925 ?
  13. Why am I getting agent desktop installation error 1335 ?
  14. Why am I getting agent desktop installation error 1327 ?
  15. During installation I get an "windows installer service could not be accessed" error message?
  16. Why am I getting the error "the application failed to initialize properly" ?
  17. My agent desktop shows me as available for chat but my site users see me as unavailable when they hit the live help button on our website?
  18. I have added Velaro's advanced visitor monitoring to my web pages. However, when I proactively initiate a chat, or use the auto-initiate feature, the chat request does not show properly on the visitors page. What is wrong?
  19. Why am I getting missed chats?
  20. Why is the department name not showing in queue alerts?
  21. Why am I getting queue alerts for other departments?
  22. Why is the closed chat still appearing in the agent desktop?
  23. Why is the chat exiting and entering repeatedly?
  24. Why is the prechat survey not passing a visitor name?
  25. Why am I getting a chatting: idle timeout error?
  26. Why do I have so many missed chats?
  27. Why am I getting an error saying "visitor already has a pending request from another agent?"
  28. Why is my chat button displaying a blank window?
  29. My agent desktop shows me as available for chat but my site users see me as unavailable when they hit the live help button on our website. Why?
  30. I have added Velaro's advanced visitor monitoring to my web pages. However, when I proactively initiate a chat, or use the auto-initiate feature, the chat request does not show properly on the visitors page. What is wrong?
  31. Problem logging into agent desktop - HTTP Status: 403 Forbidden
  32. Just-In-Time Debugging error "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor"
  33. The agent utilization report shows two chats for an agent, but in the archives it only shows one chat, why is this?
  34. What does invalid site error mean in the velaro control panel?
  35. I am signed in and available for chats but my site users see me as unavailable when they hit the live help button on our website?
  36. Why does my chat window not re-size in Firefox?
  37. What is the invalid site error that shows up in my control panel?
  38. Why am I getting errors with my agent desktop running in windows vista?

Feedback and Knowledge Base